The vision of SOCAAR is:
A world class centre for environmental research
comprised of exceptional people and state-of-the-art facilities
committed to innovative thinking and high quality results
so as to produce a broad, trans-disciplinary and actionable understanding of
the origins, characteristics, environmental impact, and human health consequences of atmospheric aerosols.
- Advance the thinking and understanding of aerosol science.
- Energize and support its members in the pursuit of aerosol research.
- Promote collaboration, collegiality and community, and foster sustained interdisciplinary partnerships.
- Promote linkages between academia, government, industry and the public.
- Attract and produce top students, post-doctoral fellows, and other researchers.
- Provide trans-disciplinary training of future environmental science and technology professionals.
- Generate knowledge that supports short and long-term decision-making and the development, implementation, or compliance with policies and regulations.
- Be recognized for its contributions and excellence.
- Be respected for providing an unbiased and accurate perspective.
so as to improve air quality and human health, and reduce the adverse ecological and climatic influences of aerosols on the environment.